Crompton Lamps is one of the oldest lamp businesses in the world, founded in 1878 by the late Colonel Crompton, an entrepreneur with an interest in electricity. He designed and installed some of the earliest recorded electric lighting installations at buildings such as Windsor Castle and Holyrood Palace.
In 1927 Colonel Crompton formed a partnership with Frank Parkinson and together they founded Crompton Parkinson which developed into a substantial manufacturing business producing a whole range of industrial electrical products.
This business flourished until 1968 when it was acquired by Hawker Siddeley aerospace group where it remained until 1991 when it was acquired by the industrial conglomerate BTR. Crompton Lamps was part of Crompton Lighting; in 1999 Crompton Lighting Ltd was acquired by Cooper Industries and operated under the name of Cooper Lighting and Security Ltd.
Following a review of its strategy, Cooper Industries decided to withdraw from the lamps business and as a consequence Crompton Lamps Ltd. was acquired by its management in January 2006 and relocated to its present site in Bradford.
In October 2011 the business was acquired by GCH Corporation Limited, a private family business operating in industrial manufacturing and distribution. It specialises in a range of diverse products and services ranging from accommodation units and modular housing, to automotive components and pressings, to lighting, to steel, to agricultural products. The Group is well capitalised and seeks to grow and develop each subsidiary for the long term.
Today we have a strong business with core values and specific aims:
- Investment in people
- To partner with our customers to develop open, long term relationships
- To have an unpretentious, straightforward and honest approach to business
- To operate in an environmentally friendly way
- To have high ethical standards
- To aim to have available at all times a broad product offering with adequate stocks to enable us to support the needs of our customers
- To encourage and support the use of low energy consumption light sources which assist greatly in the overall reduction of global carbon emissions
11.5W LED Adjustable Downlight Dim to Warm 3000K to 1900K RA90 38 Degrees Crompton Part Number - 9981Item In Stock
Crompton 5W LED Filament G95 Antique Bronze Globe 2200K E27 Dimmable Part No - 4290Item In Stock